About the Topic:
Value stream mapping (VSM) is a set of all actions (both values added & non-value added) required bringing a specific product or service from Raw material to the Customer.
It is a graphical representation of information & material flow to develop future state which in line with lean principles. It visualizes sources of waste & bottleneck & provides a common language to ties lean concepts together.
The VSM enables the team and leadership to see where the actual value is being added in the process, allowing them to improve on the overall efficiency associated with the delivery of a product, not just the number of steps.
VSM is the holistic view of how workflows through entire systems for complex products
Value stream mapping (VSM) provides a structured visualization of the key steps and corresponding data needed to understand and intelligently make improvements that optimize the entire process
Contents of the Topic:
- Understanding for drawing the current state map for selected product families by selecting boundaries.
- Understanding customer & supplier requirement in the current state map
- Understanding capturing of various process steps /process data
- Capturing the information & material flow formed in the manufacturing
- Understand how the production is controlled in the current state map
- Analyzing the current state map for finding opportunities to improve in terms of bottlenecks, the flow of manufacturing & waste in the entire value stream
- Understanding 8 waste in the process & how it occurs & how to eliminate it
- Drawing future state map considering customer requirement & how it is integrated in the process & supplier
- Drawing the future state by improving the information & material flow in the manufacturing processes
- Drawing the future state by improving production-controlled strategies & methods
- Drawing implementation plan
Benefits of the Topic:
Significant gains in objectives of improvement in Delivery, Quality, Cost, Motivation as follows,
- Waste reduction in the entire value stream by 25-30%
- Lead time reduction by 20-30%
- Inventory reduction by 30-40%
- Rework / Rejection/ reduced by 50+%
- Space optimization by 20-30 %
- Manpower optimization by 5-10%
- Empowered motivated staff & workforce
To Register, Click Here!
For Training & implementation connect with us at email@example.com or call us at +91 73854 30960