Case Study Competition at Lean Kaizen Mela 2015
XIth Lean Kaizen Mela 2054
Date: 18th & 19th June, 2015
I take the privilege, on behalf of Vedzen Institute and DCCIA Pune, of inviting you to present a case study at the XIth Lean Kaizen Mela 2015.
Nothing is more satisfying than achieving the right results for our efforts; so you must prepare the cases of the most successful project of your organization where the following can be demonstrated.
Effective Change for Better business
- Converting problems into opportunity
- People Effort & Involvement
- Seeking a new & successful avenue for the organisation
- Results in all measures
7 Steps to prepare Case Study Presentation: We would recommend a sample presentation for reference only.
Step – 1 Select a Theme based on Quality / Cost / Productivity / Delivery or Define Problem
Step – 2 Observation; Photographs before Improvement
Step – 3 Analyse; Root Cause Analysis (5 Why) & Cause & Effect Diagram)
Step – 4 Counter – Measures; Priority / Action Plan
Step – 5 Kaizen ‘Do’ Kaizens; Preventive / Corrective Action
Step – 6 Confirm Results; Photographs after Improvement
Step – 7 Evaluate – in terms of Monetary Savings; Standardization
The Case Study may have 7 Steps or Less. The Teams have to submit their case studies before 11th June, 2015. The presenters have to bring their own Presentation on a pen drive. Certificates duly signed will be awarded to all the Participants in a Case Study.
The Case Study shall be judged on the following criteria. The relevant weight age is also given.
- Goals & Objectives: – 20
- Change Methodology: – 30
- Documentation, Before & After Pictures, Videos: – 10
- Analysis / Tools Used: – 10
- Results / Measurable Terms: – 20
- Horizontal Deployment / Sustenance / Conclusion: – 10
Some Crucial Information for you: -
- The last date for receiving the case Studies is 11th June, 2015. 20% of the marks will be given as per judgement guidelines.
- The Case Study presentation shall be held on Day 1, June 18th, between 11 AM to 4 PM.
- The time slot shall be according to your registration sequence.
- Maximum of 15 minutes shall be allowed to one case study.
- Minimum of 3 people can come to present the case study. Maximum limit is 4 people.
- Two independent Judges shall be judging the case studies. Their decisions will be final and non-appealable by any party at XIth Lean Kaizen Mela.
- Use MS-PowerPoint format. We are providing you with a template for easy reference. You may use a template suggested by your company.
- We shall keep a copy of your presentation. We believe in sharing and learning. We will share your cases with your written permission only.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch!
Coordinator – Lean Kaizen Mela